Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm a Pilgrim, I'm a Stranger


So, tonight, my friends Emily and McKay had a show at WhySound, and I really wanted to go, obviously. Because they are the best.
As you can see from the photo at your right, they are also adorable, the bastards.

So anyways, I was at work at the movie theater, trying not to do that thing I do when I don't want to be there (which is pretty much always) where I just sulk and stand by the popcorn machine and have bad posture and text and then get yelled at for texting. Then, right as I'm about to go make a food run at Wendy's (which I still want, btw. In case, I dunno, someone is reading this blog and wants to go get me some Wendy's...please?) my manager did the thing that the manager sometimes does when they want to make me happy, which is ask who wanted to go home.

So with no regard for my other co-workers (because I'm a terrible, terrible person) I volunteered to go home. I know, I know, what a sacrifice. I was pretty nervous that COTN (which is an acronym for Children of the North, in case you didn't catch that) would be done playing, but SURPRISE the show didn't even start until 8, and it was only 7:45, and they were playing second.

And it was INCROYABLE, guys. Seriously. The recordings of "Pilgrim" and "Dirt" that they have up on their FB page are pretty great, but they really don't do them justice. You just gotta be lucky enough to see them perform live, like me (she said, smugly.)

Anyways, loyal reader, check out their facebook, like their page, generally show them some love, and it will be a good day.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment