Thursday, January 26, 2012

Posting, you guys.

I like how the title of this post implies that people ever read my posts. It's funny because I have two followers (wow) and I know for a fact that neither of them read this blog. NOTE to Kalie and Ashley: If you read this blog, post in the comments that you read this blog.

So anyways, it's 3:16 in the morning. Tomorrow (today) I have to give a 10 minute presentation in English 2010 (which I thought was going to be a class where I didn't do anything and just thought I was better than everyone else all the time because I'm an English Major, like anyone cares) on an article I definitely didn't read because I keep forgetting to go to the bookstore and pick up my copy of Voices, presumably because my lack of sleep has killed off almost all of my brain cells. Can not sleeping do that? I'd google it, but I don't wanna. You can google it, imaginary reader.

*~*Fun fact: I'm the only person under 40 in my group for English 2010. *~*

I was reading my old blog posts to try and figure out it I'm hilarious. What I did figure out was that for a very long time I was punctuating within/without perentheses (I can't spell that word) very, very wrong...ly. And I thought to myself, I'm so embarassed and then I thought no, I'm not, because no one has ever read this blog. Huzzah!

I feel like I've brought up no one reading my blog a lot. I think that I should stop that now because it makes it seem like a 3:20 a.m. blogger pity party up in hurr.

So yeah. Hmdmdeehm. What else can I talk about? Oh yes. USU (my school, for all of you who want to track me down and murder me) is having their annual creative writing contest, which according to this really cool (douchey) guy from my fiction writing class, is not that great of a contest, or something, and I'm all "shut up, goatee, you haven't been published anywhere else, why not at least enter the contest?" Anywayssssss. I want to enter the contest, but I'm kind of terrified that the judges will read my stories (which I'm not going to tell you about) and then say "hm... this girl should definitely pick another major" or something, and then I will cry (probably) and eat ice cream (definitely, without question.)

So have you guys ever heard of that book/philosophy called "the secret" where if you tell the universe what you want (oy) then the universe is all "oh yeah, I totally think you should have that" (in my head the universe is played by a pot head actor. I can't think of one other than Woody Harrelson right now, but it's not Woody Harrelson in my head, it's more like Paul Rudd in Our Idiot Brother. But just that character, not Paul Rudd overall.) So I'm going to the secret that I do super great in the creative writing contest, become J.K. Rowling (or just her equivalent, I'm not super picky, universe) and then I get to retire and make a billion dollars a second, or however much she makes. A lot? I'm guessing a lot. I would write how I think that asking the universe for something is stupid and it totes doesn't work because I've tried it before, but the best part of the whole the secret philosophy is that "if you doubt the secret, ever, the secret says well nevermind, this person is a doubter. Then you don't get what you want." -Kalie Cunningham. So I won't say that.

KSO. Now it's...3:30 in the morning. So I'm gonna go to bed now, internet. But ya know...thanks for Anne Franking with me. Is that in poor taste? Eh, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment