Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dramatic Poem written from my Cold Bedroom on an October Evening

Decided to take a five minute break from my Titus Andronicus essay to write a blog...couldn't think of anything to write, wrote this poem real quick.  Hopefully it is not the worst poem ever (clearly I do not think it is the worst EVER or I wouldn't post it.)

I think I am going to call it, "Dramatic Poem written from my Cold Bedroom on an October Evening"


The feeling you get when you realize
Those you thought you knew, you don't:

You see it in the way that dust settles on your dresser
When you swept it away an hour ago,
And you realize your life is covered through and through
In a fine layer of grime no matter what you do.

And you think, how can it be so?
I'm disorganized, distressed, distrustful
But I am water in a shell of skin
Surely I can cleanse myself of this memory of sin...

But you give up because all things considered
At the end of the day
Though your heart is dirty and grey
Some things you don't want washed away.




No comments:

Post a Comment