Friday, October 12, 2012

Sometimes, it's 7:45 in the morning and you have to write a poem because you haven't slept yet.


Sometimes me and Nate write a poem by flipping a coin and having the heads or tails person write the next line, then flipping it again.  Sometimes I have to write 1000 lines in a row.  But then Nate has to write 200 lines in a row so it's fine.

Sometimes this is the poem we wrote:



Strings

But tight, I am strung through the room so bravely
But soft, my chest is strung up to your rising sun
You are my morning
Do I dare to rise, share the light?
Or cloud over, could I even lock myself up so dark and so tight?

But stop, think of the sky to cover
Your horses are tired and so are mine
And you are not Apollo
Thoroughly labored, pretty and petty
Unable to swallow my treason
Forgetful, unable, revived and unstable
So wretched in thinking my friends are the reason

What is true, what is myth
Who can say for certain?

Honestly, I tried once before
Though my score was settled, I ached for more
Fuck you, Jekyll
I've no reason to Hyde
I'm both monster and man, God and Godless
So brave in my pursuit of you, truth, time
This vague repetition reminds me of rhyme

But why asked the heckler I tried to repress
Why can't I detach these strings from my chest?

No comments:

Post a Comment